Aquaponics is an integrated aquaculture (growing fish) and hydroponic (growing soilless plants) system that mutually benefits both environments. Aquaponics was essentially born out of hydroponics, which at the time made farming a lot easier. This process was associated with planting your veggies inside containers together with water. The hydroponic model involved utilizing lots of chemicals & fertilizers to promote growth. So the produce was not 100 % natural. Yet, the usage of fertilizers and harmful chemicals are not required when setting up your own home organic aquaponicsystem. The fish waste is absorbed by the greenery which is used as a nutrient solution for the growing plants, cultivating a wonderful condition for them to grow in. The only external input to the system is food for the fish. Both systems complement each other in practical interdependence. So essentially if you have happy and content fish, you have an amazing system that will produce fresh food for you all year round. Imagine sharing berries with your family & friends in the middle of winter!
The below video shows US farmer (Will Allen from Growing Power) who has taken Aquaponics to the extreme, They can produce 1 million pounds of food per year on only 3 arces just by using aquaponics
Click the below picture for a Wake Up World Only Special Offer
What Are The Benefits Aquaponics?
- Up to 10 Times More ORGANIC Plants! With aquaponics you place plants closer together on a float system above the water, therefore it fits 10 times more plants in the same space! The roots of the plants are always in nutrient rich water and there’s no over-crowding!
- There’s no more weeding! The system removes the need for pain-staking and annoying weeding. You get more freedom and enjoyment!
- No more soil pests! The need for pesticides is eliminated, which makes it that much easier for you to have amazing plants and fruit without toxic chemicals.
- No More Watering! The aquaponics system uses only 2% of the water normal gardening does. Because the water is constantly re-circulated, and you do not lose any to soil absorption. The roots of your plants are constantly submerged in nutrient rich water and you never have to worry about watering your plants again. If you pay for your water, imagine of how much money this can save you.
- Multiple Sources of Income! When you try the aquaponics system yourself, you’ll have more plants than you’ll know what to do with. If you decide to sell your vegetables, guess what.. you also have fish to sell as the aquaponics system produces both plants and fish
- Plants Grows Twice As Fast! Plant experts are shocked when they visit aquaponic farms at how fast plants grow. For example, lettuce which takes 60+ days to mature, takes only about 29 days with this system.
- You use up to 70% less Energy than conventional gardening!
- No More Back-Straining Planting! Planting normally takes a lot of bending over, but not with Aquaponics . You’ll find out exactly how to plant your seedlings in the aquaponic floats, and how to make sure the roots get all the nutrients.
A few months ago we published articles on Will Allen’s Growing Power farms which is able to produce 1 million pounds of food on only 3 acres of land (click here for the article). The response we received from people was huge. Everyone wanted to know how they could set this up for themselves or some had even been tasked with setting this up for the community. So we created a detailed part 2 (click here for the article). Though this didn’t stop the questions coming in for more info.
So, Wake Up World has teamed up with an organic farmer who is also very experienced inaquaponics. He (John Fay) comes from a long family line of organic farmers. Though in his Dad’s farming days, there was no such thing as organic farming, there was just farming as that point in history, there were no chemicals or fertilizers.
SOURCE : wakeup-world.com